Cerrolow 136 (Bolton 136)
- Also known as Bolton 136
- Weight = 1 pound - Dimension: 4¼" L x 2" W x ¼" H (approximate)
- Eutectic Alloy
- Contains the following metals - Bismuth, Lead, Tin, and Indium
- Melting Temperature 136ºF or 57.8º C
- Density .31 lbs./In3 8.8 g/cc
- Initially expands then shrinks to .0000" in one hour, stable in 5 hours at -.0002" per inch.
Alloy is used in anchoring parts for machining (turbine blades, jet blades); testing, inspection, block lenses in optical manufacturing, proof casting; fusible element in safety devices (sprinkler heads); fusible cores in compound cores; low temperature solder; sealing adjustment screws and many craft applications.