Product # LB220002 Alloy #4900-2
Orders ship in 1-2 days. Orders over 10 lbs. are fulfilled with 2 lb. ingots (slightly thicker ½" H), unless noted on order you want 1 lb. ingots.
- Weight: 1 pound (sold by the pound, not the piece)
- Dimension: 4½" L x 2" W x ¼" H
- Eutectic Alloy
- Contains the following metals - Bismuth, Lead, Tin, and Indium
- Melting Temperature 136ºF or 57.8º C
- Density .31 lbs./In3 8.8 g/cc
- Initially expands then shrinks to .0000" in one hour, stable in 5 hours at -.0002" per inch.
Alloy is used in anchoring parts for machining (turbine blades, jet blades); testing, inspection, block lenses in optical manufacturing, proof casting; fusible element in safety devices (sprinkler heads); fusible cores in compound cores; low temperature solder; sealing adjustment screws and many craft applications.