Product # LB150005 Alloy #4250-2
Orders ship in 1-2 days. Orders over 10 lbs. are fulfilled with 2 lb. ingots (slightly thicker ¾" H), unless noted on order you want 1 lb. ingots.
- Weight: 1 pound (sold by the pound, not the piece)
- Dimension: 4½" L x 2" W x ½" H
- Non-Eutectic Alloy
- Contains the following metals - Bismuth, Lead, Tin and Cadmium
- Melting Temperature 160-190º F or 71.7-87.8º C
- Density .341 lbs./In3 9.4 g/cc
- Shrinks initially, grows to .0000” in 1 hour and continues to grow to .0025”.
Originally made for toy soldier casting. Principal uses are in proof casting cavities (threads, dies, molds, blind holes, gun barrels); Duplicate patterns in foundry match plate making: supporting work pieces while machining; pray coating wood patterns. Dental lab techniques (swaging, jacket crowns); Masks for electroplating and spray. Chamber Casting Alloy