Cerrosafe (Bolton 160-190)
- Also known as Bolton 160-190
- Weight = 1 pound - Dimension: 4½"L x 1½"W x ½" H(approximate)
- Non-Eutectic Alloy
- Melting Temperature 160-190º F or 71.7-87.8º C
- Density .341 lbs./In3 9.4 g/cc
- Shrinks initially, grows to .0000” in 1 hour and continues to grow to .0025”.
Originally made for toy soldier casting. Principal uses are in proof casting cavities (threads, dies, molds, blind holes, gun barrels); Duplicate patterns in foundry match plate making: supporting work pieces while machining; pray coating wood patterns. Dental lab techniques (swaging, jacket crowns); Masks for electroplating and spray. Chamber Casting Alloy